Thursday, September 17, 2009

I can feed my kids!

Yes, I know that meal preparation is one of the many things that mothers do...but I did not do so well at it while I was pregnant!

I realized last night as my kids were eating dinner BEFORE soccer practice how nice it was to feed my kids before we left. (Even if it was just a frozen pizza!) The reason this was significant to me is because all during basketball season in the winter and Little League season last spring I would just tell my kids to grab some bread or string cheese or whatever before we walked out the door to their games/practices. I just did not have the energy to make them anything...or at least make them anything in time to eat before we left.

Sienna and Logan spent the entire first part of 2009 scrounging for whatever they could find. I know we are supposed to teach our children to be independent...but that was a bit much!

It is just nice to feel like myself again!

1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

I am very proud of you! Its amazing how much more energy (both mental and physical) women have when they are NOT pregnant! You are a great mom!!! I wouldn't worry too much about your children having to scrounge up food for a few weeks (or even months), they won't ever remember (unless they read your blog--ha ha).