Friday, November 25, 2011

Five for Friday

1.  Thanksgiving...we went to Richfield for Thanksgiving...it was the Ogden "on" year.  It was great to see my grandparents (who are 99 years old!  and still living on their own...although my parents just live down the street.)  It was nice to catch up with some cousins/aunts/uncles.  There were almost 70 people there!  And of course the yummy food!

2.  It was nice to spend some time with my parents, 2 of my brothers and their kids.  We had18 people in my parents house...good times were enjoyed, memories were made...the cousins had a great time together.

3.  Ryan and I did a little "Black Friday" shopping...taking advantage of the many people around to watch our kids...we found some things we wanted but not others.  We went to Walmart at 10:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving night to try to catch some deals...I think everyone in Richfield and the surrounding areas were at Walmart...the place was packed!  We ended up walking out with nothing!  At 5:00 a.m. Ryan dropped me off at K-mart while he went to Radio Shack to hopefully get a laptop.  After he stood outside for 30 minutes in the freezing cold he got to the checkout and was told the lady in front of him bought the computer he wanted!  They had 1...one...computer in the whole store!  Annoying! I think next year I'll do all my shopping online!

4.  It is always a little strange for me when we go visit family.  I'm used to being with my kids all day but when they have cousins around it seems like I don't get the chance to connect with them like I usually do...As much as we enjoy getting away...I do enjoy getting back home!

5.  Because it was Thanksgiving this week let me end my post with some things I'm grateful for!  The gospel, my husband, my children, my extended family, the scriptures, our prophet, freedom, Ryan's employment and benefits, health, the opportunity to homeschool my children...of course there are many more things...those are just the first ones that came to my mind!  I am truly blessed.




No comments: