Saturday, April 30, 2011

Corbin is here!

We are so blessed to have Corbin here at last!  Here is a run-down on his arrival.

Monday:  I had a doctor appointment and was dialated to a 3.  I mentioned that I was concerned because I felt like his movements had slowed down so she hooked me up to some monitors for a non-stress test.  He was fine and I was having contractions...though nothing very strong.  I had been having contractions for about a week...though nothing consistant.

Tuesday:  I woke up at about 4:30 a.m. having contractions about every 20 minutes.  Nothing that would send me to the hospital but they stayed with me ALL day.  In the afternoon they started getting a little closer together and a little stronger.  I called Ryan about 5:00 and told him I didn't think he was going to make it to his stake meeting or his volleyball game that night and that he might want to come home.  After he got home he timed my contractions at less than 5 minutes apart...even though I didn't feel like the intesity of the contractions was as strong as they had been with other labors when I went to the hospital I decided to go anyway since I had been having labor pains all day.  When we got there I was dialated to a 4.  The nurse asked what I wanted as far as pain medication and I said I wanted an epidural.  She asked if I wanted it as soon as possible or if I wanted to wait.  Considering that I was tired from being in labor all day I said I wanted it as soon as possible.  Ryan teased me about that because I had talked about doing this one with no medication...but I was tired and knew I still had hours to go before delivery!  I have never had such a hard time getting an IV, I think they poked me 6 times before they got one right hand was very bruised when I got home.  I did have a hard time when I got this blood pressure dropped (they gave me medication for that) and I felt like I was going to throw up for about 5 minutes...but it passed and I felt better.  Ryan and I watched National Treasure as the evening passed.  I had him put it National Treasure 2...but we didn't get to watch too much of it...things had progressed and I was ready to push.  Even though the nurse said he was still up kind of high it only took me 2 pushes to get him out...I don't know what happened to my epidural because those were a couple of PAINFUL pushes!  but he was born just before 1:00 on Wednesday morning.

Corbin Clark Judy
8 lb 11 oz
19 3/4 in


Cynthia said...

Perfect is EXACTLY right! Ya'll idd a great job!!!! So glad he is here and you are both home. Loved the pictures Ryan put on facebook. Wish I lived closer to you! Congratulations! (You did me proud on his name!!!)
Happy Mother's Day Carrine!

Janel Ruzzi said...

I am so glad you have such an adorable baby to show for your pain!