Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jenessa turns 6!

Pictures coming soon!

Jenessa turned 6 several days ago (I'm a little slow in posting). She woke up wanting the day to be like Christmas. She thought that Ryan shouldn't have to go to work and she didn't think she should have to do any school! Well, Ryan did have to go to work and unfortunately he also had meetings all evening. I told her that she only had to pick 2 school subjects to do that day (she picked math and phonics!)

Since Ryan had to work late but is able to come home for lunch, that is when we opened presents and had cake and ice cream. She was thrilled with her new stash of polly pockets (all three girls have played with them nearly nonstop all week!)

She was disappointed that we couldn't go out and do anything that evening. She kept suggesting things that I just couldn't do with all 4 kids by myself. However, the next evening she did have a party for her basketball team and Freedom Station (think Peter Piper Pizza or a really small version of Chuck E Cheese). She had a great time there playing the games. On Saturday she chose to go out to eat at Applebees. I don't know why my kids like that place, but I'm glad they do because I like it! (I had the Santa Fe Chicken Salad, yummy!)

I realized however while we were there that there is one thing that scares me more than going grocery shopping with 5 children and that is going to a restaurant with 5 children! Maybe in a few years in won't be so bad but our 1 year old and 3 year old are trouble! I'm sure it won't happen often, it already happens only on birthdays now.

1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

Maybe that's why my parents rarely took us all out to eat, too many kids! We ate out so infrequently that each time stands out in my mind vividly. I love the pics! You're kids are so cute!!!