Sunday, March 13, 2011

Our Weekend: Party, Puppy, and I'm Pooped!

We have designated certain birthdays when our kids can have a friend party...8 is one of those years.  Yes, I would have loved Jenessa to say she would postpone her party until next year or wait until summer....but no...it fell when I am 33 weeks pregnant!  So, I decided maybe I could handle a "late-over" with pizza and a movie. Ryan put up a pinata in the backyard, they had fun trying to whack that thing open.  She only had 3 girls come, but they had a lot of fun.

I made a comment a few years ago where I said my kids could get a pet when they turned eight years old. (yes, I wish I could change that now...I would say ten!).  I am not a pet/animal person...but I live with a bunch of people who are animal lovers!  Jenessa decided that she wanted a puppy.  I decided she could get a lab/retriever since I knew they were known to be a family friendly breed.  We have been looking this week online for different options and found a few.  Ryan took the girls out on Saturday morning to look at some puppies at the shelter and of course Jenessa fell in love.  We now own a black lab puppy that Jenessa named Diamond.  She seems like a good puppy and I think she will adapt well to our family.

Unfortunately, getting ready for Jenessa's party did me in!  I didn't go to church today because I'm still totally exhausted plus I have a cold.  I'm home with the boys though which is not very relaxing!  It's not like I can take a nap with a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old boy wandering around!  I will most certainly take a nap this afternoon when Ryan is home!

No comments: