Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our Weekend

Friday morning I woke up feeling awful, my stomach hurt and I knew I was going to be sick...I was.  I laid on the couch for the entire day except for a few trips to the bathroom!  My food intake for the day consisted of a sleeve of Saltines and 2 cans of 7-up.  Finally, around 9:30 p.m. I felt hungry enough to eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup. 

Saturday was much better, although I was still a little weak that morning.  I ordered a box of tomatoes with my Bountiful Baskets order because I wanted to try canning salsa.  I did it!  Yummy...the store bought stuff just isn't as good as homemade salsa.  We planted a jalepeno plant this year, so I was able to use those in my salsa.  Next time I will have to double the recipe because I only got 4 pints out of it.  I still have some more tomatoes that have been blanched and peeled waiting for me to do something with them.

Kessiah finished reading the Book of Mormon this week.  We told her that she could go on a date with Mommy and Daddy when she finished (although we decided they had to be separate dates so we wouldn't break the bank!)  On Friday, Kessiah and Ryan went on a long bike ride on a trail through town.  On Saturday, I took Kessiah to a movie (Cats & Dogs).  It was fun to be able to reward her for completing her goal.

Saturday morning, Ryan took Jenessa and Sienna to a free soccer clinic.  He also got them signed up for soccer this fall.  Logan missed the age cutoff by a month...but they let him sign up too!  We requested that Sienna and Logan be on the same team to make it easier for us!  Kessiah decided not to sign up for soccer so she could make it to all of her 4-H cavy meetings.

2 comments:

Janel Ruzzi said...

Way to go Kessiah! I am so impressed that she has already read the Book of Mormon before she is even 10 years old! It sounds like she was properly rewarded. :)

Cynthia said...

Wow! You sound as busy as we are! I hope you had a good summer and are ready for back to school time! I am NOT ready! My kids are! I can't wait to see your new pictures!!!!! I love your blog family picture! Miss you all,
Cynthia