Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Day in Our Life

5:55 a.m.  My alarm went off...I didn't sleep very well so I knew that I wouldn't be getting up to exercise.  I spent the next 20 minutes on Facebook.

6:20 a.m.  Woke Kessiah up, I started printing Jenessa's Discover the Scriptures Old Testament study guide.

6:40 a.m.  Woke Jenessa up, I continued printing

7:00 a.m.  Kessiah logged on to her Williamsburg Intermediate Leadership..(it was the first day of classes for Kessiah and Jenessa).  I woke up Sienna and then took a shower and got ready for the day.

 7:30 a.m.  Jenessa logged on to her Leadership class

7:40 a.m.  Breakfast time...cold cereal...then I spend some time cleaning up the kitchen.

8:00 a.m.  Kessiah logged onto her STEM class, Sienna practiced the piano and then started on her math, Jenessa worked on her math, the boys cleaned their room

8:30 a.m.  Sienna and Logan worked on math, Kessiah was feeling frustrated with her class (technical difficulties), Jenessa continued with math, I sent Mason upstairs to finish his part of the bedroom

9:00 a.m.  Devotional...we are working our way through the Preach my Gospel book.  We discuss one idea or though each morning.  We sang our song and said a prayer.  Kessiah did her piano, Sienna finished her math, Logan started his language lessons and I got out some worksheets for Mason and Corbin.  I'm not sure what Jenessa was doing!

9:30 a.m.  Jenessa logged on to her Humanities class.  Kessiah worked on math.  I continued working with the boys and Sienna did a final draft of  a fable she wrote.  During this time, Corbin told me he was going to draw some people...I had never seen him draw people before!  Notice the blue crayon drawing...the one on the left is him...if you look closely you can see he drew his toes!  One of the other "people" is me and I'm not sure who the third one is!  The orange person is Mason's.

10:00 a.m.  Snack time.  Sienna finished her fable, I did some science with the boys (we were reading from Logan's workbook and answering some questions).  Jenessa continued with Humanities and then practiced the piano.  Kessiah finished her math.

11:00 a.m.  School is done for everyone!  Kessiah and Jenessa played on the piano with an app I recently downloaded.  Mason was listening to them.  Sienna and Logan were playing.  Corbin was doing his own thing.  I was getting work samples ready to send in to Sequoia and cleaning up from school.

11:15 a.m.  Frozen pizza in the oven for lunch.

12:00 p.m.  Left for the orthodontist

12:30 p.m.  Orthodontist appointments for Kessiah and Jenessa.  Kessiah needed some spacers put between some teeth in preparation for braces next week.  Jenessa needed a mold for a new retainer.

1:30 p.m.  Went to the library.  The kids checked out some new books and played on the computers.

3:00 p.m.  Arrived back home, had a snack and an hour of quiet time.  I spent my time doing some prep work for our homeschool group.

4:00 p.m.  Mommy reading time...we are currently reading a biography of Beatrix Potter.

4:30 p.m.  Kessiah and Jenessa went back to reading.  The youngest four played.  I finished printing Jenessa's Old Testament study guide.  Jenessa and I discussed the party that Jenessa is planning for Friday night with the other 11 year olds from her Primary class.  We made a phone call and I sent a text to help us get the plans solidified.  I did some more prep work for our homeschool group.  Corbin got upset at Mason and found some comfort with Jenessa...he fell asleep next to her while she was reading!

6:00 p.m.  I started dinner, we ate.  Tilapia or fish sticks and couscous....ummmm....should have had a vegetable!

6:50 p.m.  Took Kessiah to Mutual and went back home.  We did afternoon zones...they should have happened at 5:30...but they didn't! 

7:50 p.m. I went back to get Kessiah...they went 30 minutes over which got me home later than I would have liked!  Family prayer and got the boys to bed.  The girls helped me finish cleaning up the kitchen and then we tried to facetime Ryan who is in Phoenix...but he didn't answer (he was in the fitness center)  I went upstairs to have my good night talks with the girls.  Talked to Ryan on the phone.  Typed up this post and went to bed!


Tristan said...

I enjoyed reading your day! It's so neat to see how others do things. Technical difficulties drive me batty too...

We've thought about working through Preach My Gospel and it's probably what we'll start in January. For this semester we just started the New Testament as a family. It's good and I figure it will work out well to read about Christ's life leading up to Christmas. ;)

Dawn said...

What a great and organized day. You got so much done before 11:00am!
Blessings, Dawn