Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Day in Our Life

5:45...My phone alarm went off, but I didn't get up until 6:05 when Ryan's alarm went off!  I got up and put Sienna's birthday pictures on my blog.

6:30...I woke Kessiah and Jenessa up (Jenessa didn't get up right away...I guess she was having a tired morning as well!)  I exercised with a DVD for about 20 minutes.  During this time Logan woke up and came downstairs.

7:00...I showered and got ready for the day, Breakfast time for everyone except Corbin...who was also having a slow morning and was still in bed.

7:30...Devotional Time.  For the rest of this month I am sharing a talk from General Conference each morning.  Today we talked about the sacrament.  Sienna and Jenessa each played a Christmas song that we sang along with.

8:00...Kessiah had her leadership class, Sienna and Logan started their math.  Corbin woke up and he joined Mason at the table doing some worksheets.  I'm not sure where Jenessa was...probably feeding the dogs.

8:30...Jenessa had her leadership class.  Kessiah went outside to feed the horses and chickens.  Sienna was still working on her math and Logan started his Language Arts.

9:00...Kessiah had her STEM class.  Sienna was doing her benchmark test for Language Arts.  Logan finished up his work and the boys had a snack, then I sent them up to clean their room.  I emptied the dishwasher.

9:30...The boys were still working on their room, Sienna was reading.  Kessiah was still in her STEM class and I found Jenessa doing her math.  I went into the office with my ipad and checked my email while occasionally helping Jenessa.

10:00...Kessiah practiced her piano and then did a science experiment. (She dipped some paper in an alcohol/water mixture, then we lit a match to it and watch a flame appear without burning the paper!)



Jenessa made a to do list for the rest of today.  The boys were still "cleaning" their room and Sienna practiced her piano.  I got on the computer to check any deals on Amazon and Hip2Save (Christmas is right around the corner and the computer helps me find some good deals!)

10:30...Jenessa had her Humanities class.  There was more snacking from the boys...and they were still working on their room.  I looked at some things on the computer for some activities/worksheets for December.  I think I found some things on teacherspayteachers about Christmas around the World.

11:00...I pulled out our Thanksgiving menu from last year and made a few changes.  I ordered a turkey roaster from Walmart.com.  The boys were STILL cleaning up their room.  Sienna practiced her piano.

11:30...I got leftovers out of the fridge and ate lunch.  The rest of the crew came in to get some food.  Ryan came home and ate lunch.  I cleaned up the breakfast and lunch dishes.  The 4 youngest played outside.

1:00...Time for Co-op.  I get 5 boys at my house for a couple of hours and Sienna went to our friend's home to learn more about the Westward movement.  Kessiah and Jenessa worked on school assignments.  I got on the computer to check email and start this blog post.

2:00...I got on oilsuniversity.com to learn some more about the doTerra oils that I ordered over the weekend.  Checked on the boys a few times, they were having a great time.  Kessiah and Jenessa still working on school assignments.

3:00..Co-op was over...Sienna came back home and my extra little boys go back home.  Jenessa is working on a family history project for Activity Days and I called my mom to ask her a question about an ancestor.  Kessiah, Jenessa, and I talked more about the ancestors Jenessa was learning about.  Sienna peeled some carrots for dinner.  I started the beef stew.

4:00...Mommy Reading Time...More Adventures of the Great Brain.  I finished up the beef stew and made some quick artisan bread to go with it.  Kessiah, Jenessa, and I talked about their 4H sewing projects...the first meeting of the year is coming up on Friday and I wanted them to have an idea of what they wanted to do.  Jenessa went outside to feed the horses.

6:00...Dinner time

6:50...Ryan pulled in just in time for me to take the girls to the church for their activities without needing to take the boys along with us.  I came home and put dishes in the dishwasher, we said family prayer with the boys,  I took the boys upstairs to get them ready for bed (that means brush teeth, read stories, tuck them in, listen to their prayers).

8:15...Ryan went to get the girls while I worked on this blog post.  They came home, we talked, they went to bed, and I finished this post.

No comments: