Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekly Wrapup

Monday:  Just a normal Monday...piano lessons & the beginning of the last week of school.

Tuesday:  Busy day...Kessiah and Jenessa had a party for book club...we were there from 11:30 until 3:00.  This has been a good group for us...today they ate pizza and made t-shirts with some of the funny quotes they have come up with over the past year.

book club

We took Jenessa to track practice...they walked over to the high school track to prepare for the district track meet.  Kessiah and Jenessa had a fun time doing a photo scavenger hunt for their youth activity and I was able to go to a Mother-Daughter activity with Sienna for Activity Days.  Unfortunately, during the activity I got a call from Ryan...he told me that while he had been outside putting the chickens in for the night...Mason had tripped and cut his lip all the way through.  I had him drop Logan and Corbin off at the church with me and he took Mason to the ER where he got 10 stitches.  I was pretty glad that Ryan was the one who went with him...I'm not sure I would have done very well.

Wednesday:  I had the boys at my house for co-op today while Sienna went and learned more about the Great Depression era.  The rest of the day was fairly quiet as I tried to keep Mason inside and happy to keep his wound clean and dry.

Thursday:  We enjoyed a potluck lunch at our house for our homeschool group.  We took Jenessa to the district track meet....it was cold and windy!  The school she was running for took first place in the meet.  Ryan was able to come and meet us...then I took everyone else to our monthly 4H meeting.

Friday:  The weather was pretty cool all week...and on Friday it was cold and windy!  I took Mason to the elementary school for his last speech therapy appointment.  He is doing well enough that we will not be going back.  We have really slowed down on our school work this week.  Kessiah and Jenessa are finished up their classes this week...which has a trickle down effect on Sienna and Logan.  I'm going to have to pull out our summer schedule and update it for this year.   We ended up babysitting a few extra kids...earning some vacation money.  Ryan bundled up and mowed the lawn.  Ryan and I went out on a date...dinner and a movie.

Saturday:  Ryan took Kessiah and a friend on a hike...we are trying to get her ready for the Pioneer Trek the youth are going on in June.  Ryan took Logan and Jenessa to a baptism for a girl in Logan's Primary class...they went shopping afterwards and came home with some flowers for me!

mothers day flowers mothers day flowers2

Sunday:  I got released from my calling as the Primary Chorister last week...but I lead the children as they sang in church...it was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes.  I really enjoyed that calling and yet I'm excited to start working with the Young Women.  After church Ryan made some hashbrowns for lunch...my request.  Then he took Mason to the hospital to get his stitches out.

No comments: