Saturday, December 5, 2009

Family Zoo Day

We enjoyed a trip to the Phoenix Zoo yesterday. It was nice, the first time we've been out together on a day trip since I got pregnant. It was a beautiful day, we needed jackets but the weather was great.

I think Logan's favorite part was just chasing the pigeons around. Sienna didn't seem to think that the barriers applied to her, we were constantly having to pull her back after she had gone beyond where she should have been. And of course, Logan was following close behind her.

We enjoyed looking at many animals but our favorite were the rays. They have a seasonal exhibit with rays that you can pet and feed. We went about 1 1/2 years ago, but at that time I was too chicken to touch them. I did it this time, they are very soft and smooth...very cool. And Ryan got me to feed them as well! I was nervous at first, I dropped the first shrimp I had into the water. They have very big mouths that kind of suction the food out of your hands. Ryan helped each of the girls feed them as well. It was the highlight of our day.

No comments: