Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  My parents were able to come down and spend some time with us.  Sienna kept my poor dad moving constantly for the first two days they were here with wanting to go on walks, bike rides, playing in the backyard, and playing Barbies.  He helped her master riding a two-wheeler!  After two days, I guess she decided he could do his own thing and she found other things to occupy her time!  It was nice for me because he did almost all of the dishes while he was here!  Mom helped Kessiah sew a vest that she wanted for 4-H, I was very glad since I'm not the best sewer and I'm not really in the mood to figure it out!  They left this morning to go back home...so I guess I'm on my own with the dishes again!

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious!  Turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, orange stuffing,  creamy corn and a homemade roll were some of the yummy things on my plate!  Cheesecake and pumpkin pie were on my dessert plate!  Of course, at our house a banana cream pie was also available...but it's not my favorite!  I got lots of help from Ryan, Kessiah, Jenessa, and my mom getting all the food together.  Thank You! 

It was nice to have my parents here for Black Friday!  Yes, Ryan and I got up at 5:00 a.m. (we had planned on 6:00, but I woke up and was wide awake so I decided we should just go!)  We found several things that we wanted, but missed out on a few others!

We got to celebrate my dad's birthday while they were here...instead of making a cake....we had more pie!  Dad took Kessiah and Jenessa to gymnastics on Monday...the rest of the kids stayed home with me and Mom due to some developing colds (and Mommy wanting to do a little cyber shopping on cyber Monday!)  On Monday evening we put together our annual gingerbread house.  It's a fun tradition that may soon end up being more than one gingerbread house!

I have so much to be thankful for, I'm very blessed.

No comments: