Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wedding Weekend

We went up to Utah last weekend for my brother's wedding.  It was a nice (but long for the kids!) day.  At one point during the reception, Jenessa came up to me and asked me when it was going to start!  I said "This is it!  It has started!  People come to congratulate the couple who got married, they bring presents and eat some snacks."  We did break up the reception time a bit when Ryan made a Wendy's run for food...since we didn't get dinner that day, the chicken nuggets helped to fill their bellies!

It was fun to see some aunts, uncles and cousins that I don't get to see very often.  My friend Joan was even able to come down for a short time during the day.

Ryan and I even made a visit to Primary Children's Medical Center to see our 3 month old niece who had surgery earlier this month.  She was sedated with lots of tubes in her...I look forward to seeing her next summer when she is happy and alert!

I missed a conversation (but heard about it later!) between Jenessa and my sister-in-law Linnea.  Linnea is pregnant and due in March.  Jenessa was telling her that she could call me and ask me anything if she had a question because I was a professional (a profession pregnant person?  is there such a thing?).  She was very adament and wanted to make sure that Linnea had my phone number.  It is pretty sweet to think that my daughter thinks I'm so smart!!!

We were a little worried on the way up because we couldn't find the cords to our portable DVD player so there were no movies on the 11 hour trip.  The kids did amazingly well!  Ryan did buy another player while we were up there so they did have entertainment on the way back home.

We discovered another tooth in Mason's mouth!  He now has 2 on top and 1 on bottom.  He has started taking steps...so it may not be long before he is walking.

No comments: