Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Week: Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!



We carved our jack-o-lanterns on Monday. It was a bit early but it was the only free evening we all had together all week. We tried a few different techniques thanks to some kits I bought after Halloween last year. I really liked how Ryan's pirate ship turned out. Logan was pretty funny as we were carving. He was walking around with a scoop sticking it into the different pumpkins acting like he was helping us scoop out the pumpkins!

And of course...Halloween night we enjoyed the annual trunk or treat in our church parking lot. About halfway through our candy gathering Sienna told me that she "had enough candy" and wanted to go back and sit by Daddy who was passing out candy from our truck. I made her stick with us but she didn't go up to anymore people for candy. Ryan dressed up like a pirate and had a lot of fun passing out candy. He had these horrible looking fake teeth that made several children leary of him! (He even wore his costume to work that day!) The kids got lots of comments on their Indian costumes and several people complimented me on what a great job I did making them! Of course, I told them that it was my mom that did a great job (and she did!) Since everyone else in our family dressed up, I felt like I had to do something too! So, I put on one of my old lab coats from college and put one of the kids' play stethescopes in the pocket!

We also started swimming lessons this week...since there is only one more soccer Saturday and no more practices I figured we could handle it...plus I didn't want to lose the momentum that Kessiah and Jenessa had going this summer. Sienna was old enough to get into a session this time. She had a great time swimming in the pool before class started but she ended up sitting by my feet most of class because she didn't want to pay attention to the teacher. She kept wanting to "swim around in the pool" She finally joined her class at the very end when they took turns jumping into their teacher's arms in the pool.





1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

Carrine, I love your pumpkin pictures and your kids looked so cute for Halloween! I think you need to go in and change the blog to say it was posted by you, not Ryan. I am sorry to hear that Sienna wasn't doing so well during swim lessons. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it eventually. I like your family picture at the top of your blog too!