Saturday, April 24, 2010

EXPO week

This week was our first experience with the 4-H EXPO.  Kessiah has been involved with the cooking and cavy clubs this year and has been excited for this week for awhile.  She had her cavy interview several weeks ago.  On Monday, we made her breadsticks that she was taking for her indoor exhibit.  Tuesday morning she had her indoor exhibit interview.  Wednesday was the small stock judging for EXPO...that includes cavies.  So we took the little piggies to the fair grounds about 11:30 where we got them settled into their cages.  The judge got there an hour late, so judging did not begin until 3:00.  Showmanship started after that.  Kessiah was the only one in her division of Novice Cavy so she walked away with a pretty blue ribbon.

Ryan had taken the day off as a furlough day (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you).  I left the boys at home and had the girls with me.  The day went much smoother without the little boys.  Sienna loved walking around asking everyone if she could hold their animals.  I had to make her stop after awhile because I didn't want her annoying too many people!  It was a pretty cold day, so by the time we got to the showmanship part of the day Kessiah was exhausted and cold!  When she took her coat off for showmanship she was shivering!  We got home about 6:30 and crashed!

The next morning about 4:30 a.m. I woke up with a knot in my stomach and spent the next 2 hours back and forth between my bed and the bathroom.  Then I spent until about 1:30 p.m. in bed.  Thankfully Ryan had also taken Thursday as a furlough day...I'm sure he did not expect to spend it taking care of his kids while his wife was in bed but I was really glad he was home!

On Friday, Ryan painted the boys room.  It is a nice shade of blue...it looks great.  I was worried it was going to be too dark and I was not going to have him paint all four walls.  But after he painted a couple of walls I decided it wasn't too dark so he painted the whole room.  We put up some sports and Toy Story themed wall stickers.  It's very cute.  We also got the toddler bed put up and Logan decided he was sleeping on it last night.  I wasn't planning on having him sleep in it yet but he beat me to his bedroom last night and was already lying on the bed with his blanket over him!  He did wake up and was crying for me at one point during the night, but I led him back to bed and he slept fine until morning.  It makes me feel as if my baby boy is growing up to see him out of the crib!

1 comment:

Janel Ruzzi said...

I am so sorry you were sick earlier this week, but I'm really glad your husband was home!

I bet the boys room looks great (a picture would prove this opinion!) and I'm impressed that Logan slept so well in his new toddler bed (only getting up once!)and I hope he doesn't start wondering the house in the middle of the night. :)