Thursday, July 29, 2010

My baby is one!

Wow!  Was it a year ago that I delivered that 9 pound baby boy?  What a year it has been!  Five children has made me dig deeper, reach farther and stretch in new ways.  I am learning to rely on my Heavenly Father more and more as I strive to be a good wife and mother.  It has been hard, yet very rewarding.

Mason has mastered the art of crawling in the past couple of weeks.  Yes, he has discovered that the pickings under the table are tasty and often available!  I'm trying to work on that! 

He has just started pulling himself up to standing.

Ever since we got back from vacation he has decided that he doesn't want a morning nap.  Most mornings I put him in the crib for an hour...he cries at least half of the time.  He does take a good afternoon nap and sleeps for about 12 hours at night...I'm not sure whether or not to give up on that morning nap!

I think he was our "cleanest" birthday child.  He wasn't too excited about the cake, but he did have fun opening his first present...the other two presents he didn't care about so his siblings happily took care of those for him!

He is such a happy, smiley little boy.  I'm so excited to get to know him as he continues to grow and develop.

No comments: