Friday, September 16, 2011

Five for Friday

1.  Corbin slept through the night for 4 nights in a row this week!  Yeah!!!!  I feel great!  It's amazing what 4 good nights of sleep can do for you!  Yesterday he rolled from his back to his stomach...it took him a LONG time to do it, but he did!  It was kind of interesting watching him...I wondered if Heavenly Father sometimes finds it interesting to watch us as we try to do new things.

2.  Soccer practices kept getting cancelled at the beginning of the week...but it looks like it will be a nice weekend.

3.  Sienna has been learning how to count by 2's and 5's.  She is now learning to read four letter words...it won't be long until she can read some real books...she pretends to read books way above her level all the time!

4.  I finally got us set up with a piano teacher.  Our teacher moved in January...with my pregnancy, I just couldn't get on the ball and find a new one.  When school started, I began trying to find someone.  Our last teacher came to our home to teach Kessiah, I really didn't think it would be that hard to find someone to do that again.  But it turned out to be difficult...even impossible!  So, I found someone who comes to me highly recommended by 2 different piano teachers that I wanted.  I plan on dropping Kessiah and Jenessa off while I take the younger 4 kiddos to story time at the library.  The timing should work out just fine and since we are gone during that time anyway I won't have to take extra hours out of our week for lessons.

5.  On Monday at gymnastics, Logan moved up to the next class!  He has been in the Tot 1 class...the class where the mom participates.  That is great progress for him...especially after last year.  Last year he stuck right by my side and wouldn't let the teacher help him at all.  After taking the summer off he came back to gymnastics like he was a new kid!  He has been quite independent and let the teacher help him on the bar.  She suggested that we try to move him up and I agreed...he did great.  Now I'm in the Tot 1 class with Mason (and Corbin, of course...because he goes where I go!)

No comments: