Friday, September 30, 2011

Five for Friday

1.  On Tuesday Mason had an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist.  We have noticed over the past 6 months that one of his eyes seems to wander a bit, we thought it was probably related to his torticolis (which the doctor confirmed).  It looks like we will need to take him to Phoenix for a small surgery (I'm not sure how any surgery on a 2 year old is "small" but the actual procedure should only take about 15 minutes).

2.  Kessiah recently did a small weaving project as part of an art lesson for school.  Since then she has been weaving like crazy!  Soon everyone in our family (and maybe some lucky ones not in our family!) will have a bookmark crafted by Kessiah!  I love it when they expand on the things that they learn in school.

3.  Kessiah and Jenessa turned in some projects for the fair this week.  I did not get my act together in time to help Sienna, Logan, and Mason get anything together (that was probably related to the fair being cancelled due to bankrupty...then the "unfair" being organized...I guess I was still stuck on it being cancelled).  But Kessiah turned in a few handicraft projects (including one of her woven bookmarks!) and Jenessa turned in a recently discovered marshmallow fudge recipe that we like.

4.  Mason is a budding artist.  He isn't too picky about his materials...pens, crayons, or pencils...whatever is handy. He likes to show his style on his legs and belly.  Pen works really well!  He makes fresh additions to these areas on a daily basis. He also really likes to help illustrate books (I'm sorry to the local public library...we really try to keep him under control!)

5.  We finished our first read-aloud book for this school year.  It was kind of hard to get back in the habit of doing that.  I can never seem to keep that up when I am pregnant (I don't know why, it seems like it would be easy to sit on the couch and read a book out loud to my kids...but everything is hard for me when I'm pregnant!)  We read Under The Same Stars by Dean Hughes, we are continuing the story with the sequel to the book.



No comments: