Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekly Wrapup

This week's schedule was a little different.  The girls had state testing to do...and I had to drive 45 minutes to get them there.  Kessiah, Jenessa, and Sienna all went on 2 days and I took Kessiah on a third day to finish up. She had an extra test to take so it took her a little longer.  Thankfully, we know someone else who had to take the tests as well...so I only had to drive 2 of the 3 days. I drove the first day...I was there for about 4 hours waiting for the kids to finish (not everyone took that long!)  We stopped at a park to eat our lunches.  Of course, Sienna found a tree to climb!

photo8

My parents were here for several days to help me out.  I was grateful they were here so that I didn't have to take the boys with me on the days that I had to drive.  Unfortunately, my mom was having a hard time.  She started chemotherapy the previous week and she just wasn't feeling very well (not surprising, I know).  So, they left on Thursday instead of staying until Saturday.  That goodbye was hard for me....knowing she wasn't feeling well and knowing she was at the beginning of this chemotherapy journey.

Friday morning I found Mason reading his Hooked on Phonics readers to Corbin.  Mason loves having this new ability!  He wants to do phonics every day!

Mason and Corbin2 Mason and Corbin

We enjoyed going to the Boy Scout Fundraiser on Saturday evening.  They served a dinner of Navajo tacos and we came home with 2 twin sized jean blankets that we bid on.  They will be well loved...we are the kind of family that loves to curl up in blankets on the couch.

No comments: