Friday, November 4, 2011

Five for Friday

1.  Halloween:  The kids had fun at the trunk or treat held in our church parking lot.  Ryan then took the four oldest around the block once we got home.  Costumes this year were a cowgirl (Kessiah), Little Red Riding Hood (Jenessa), a fairy (Sienna), Tigger (Logan), Pooh Bear (Mason), and a football (Corbin).

2.  My parents had to go back home on Tuesday morning.  We had a fun weekend with them...soccer games, carving jack o'lanterns, making animal shapes out of roll dough, and Halloween.  They also took the girls to gymnastics on Monday morning.  We kept them busy and had a good time!  My dad came to the realization that it has been 5 years since I have either not been pregnant at Halloween or had a young baby!  It makes sense when you realize that I have 4 children that are 5 years old or younger!

3.  Jenessa realized that she liked my homemade sloppy joes BETTER than Manwich!  I finally tried making my own a couple of months ago because I really didn't enjoy the Manwich variety...but that was all I had ever made so Jenessa has been very resistant to trying it (in other words...she has refused...and I have make some Manwich whenever I made homemade to make her happy!)  So...that makes me happy since it helps me in my quest to make most things from scratch!

4.  On Friday, we all went shopping and bought our Halloween costumes for next year...the only way I will buy Halloween costumes.  It was fun...and a little crazy...I mean shopping with 6 children when all of them are excited and still on a sugar high from all the candy over the past week can be a little noisy!

5.  Corbin had his 6 month appointment on Friday morning.  He weighed in at 15 pounds 13 ounces (16%) and is 25 1/4 inches (4%)...Did you see that?  He is at the 4th percentile for height!!!


No comments: