Friday, January 13, 2012

Five for Friday

1.  Another week of physical therapy for my shoulder.  I can tell that my range of motion is improving, but I still have a fair amount of pain!

2.  There were a couple of changes to our routine this week...I believe that they will be good changes!  Mason's speech therapist  is now coming on Wednesday morning before we go to the library/piano lessons.  I really liked this because now it is on a day when we are going out anyway instead of falling on Tuesday or Thursday...the mornings we don't go anywhere....it just felt like we were able to stay focused better on Thursday without the interruption of the speech therapist!

3.  The other change we made was with "Mommy Time."  The girls have pleaded with me for some one-on-one time with them.  Let's face it...it's hard to carve that time out of our routine!  So, I'm giving up my quiet time after lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays to have the girls rotate time with me.  I spent time with Kessiah on Tuesday and Jenessa on Thursday.  For now, I'm just going to concentrate on the girls since the boys are napping during that time.

4.  I'm so grateful that Kessiah and Jenessa have their basketball practices on the same night.  Although it's a bit tricky since I have to leave Jenessa at her practice...take Kessiah to her practice...go back and get Jenessa.  It is so much better than them having practices on different nights!  And the fact that Sienna has her practice on Friday...so Ryan can take her is wonderful!!  Tender Mercies from the Lord!

5.  Corbin has had a cold this week...which made me break out the humidifier for him.  In the process I found out that one of our humidifiers is broken...I'm glad I had a spare!  Now, I need to get another one...yes, with six kids having 2 humidifiers is a good thing!  Corbin's cold made his sleeping through the night a little tougher.  One night I did get up and feed him because I could tell he had worked himself up so much that he wasn't going back to sleep.  After I fed him, I got into the shower with him (turned the water toward the wall of course) to see if the steam would help him feel better.  By that time he was awake and wasn't going to sleep...so we were up for another hour in the middle of the night until he decided he was tired again!

No comments: