Thursday, January 26, 2012

In the Trenches

Sometimes it's hard to be a stay-at-home mom of 6 kids who also homeschools!  (Did I say sometimes?)  Yes, it is.  I feel the weight of my job on my shoulders.

I know that I have the most important job in the world...raising these children who will grow up to have families of their own.  It's hard!  I try to let my kids know...especially my girls...that I love my job.  But sometimes I'm tired and I get cranky and then Jenessa asks me "Do you really love your job?"  That makes me feel bad that I'm not setting the right example.

I met with someone today who had 9 kids (she came to talk to me about my new church calling)...it was interesting to talk with her.  It was like a vision of my future...someone who had been there and done that and survived!  Someone who was active and vibrant and energetic and a grandmother of 42! 

It gave me hope and energy and confidence.  I can do this!  I can do it well!  My word for the year is SIMPLIFY.  I think when I feel the most overwhelmed is when I'm trying to do too many things that aren't really important or necessary.  It's hard in this world we live in to not get distracted by too many unimportant things.  I want to remember to live now and be present for my kids...not put other distractions ahead of giving my attention to them.


No comments: