This will really cover two weeks. I have spent the last two weeks in Richfield. We had a birthday party planned for my grandparents who were turning 100 on May 31 and June 1. But then my grandma died about two weeks before her birthday. I didn't want to drive back and forth for both events so I ended up staying. Ryan brought Kessiah and Jenessa back the second week because he had to go to work and the girls didn't want to miss their softball games.
1. The funeral was nice (as nice as a funeral can be!). When someone passes away 2 weeks shy of their 100th birthday is isn't a tragic event....she lived a long, good life. It was more like a family reunion. I will miss my grandma, she was such a sweet woman...but my sadness from her death is for my grandpa. A picture was in order...it's been awhile since I was with all 3 of my brothers at the same time!
2. We did have the birthday party for my grandpa...another family reunion. It was fun to see my cousins...some of whom I haven't seen in a long time. Kessiah and Jenessa each played a piano piece during the program. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins.
3. Corbin had one of his top teeth pop through while we were gone...the other one is close.
4. After the birthday party, I had the opportunity to hike Bullshead. Bullshead is a peak on the outskirts of Richfield. It is a traditional Ogden hike...although I haven't been up there for several years. I think there were 22 of us that hiked up. From the Wayne Ogden clan I hiked up with Ryan, Kessiah, David and Emily.
5. Life in Richfield is a change of pace. I don't have internet access there and life moves at a slower pace. It was nice to have a change. We were able to go to the library, the pool, the theatre, BBQ in the backyard, and we went to a park nearly every day. I also got my hair cut (it's pretty short!) with my girls. Kessiah kept her hair long, but Jenessa and Sienna wanted theirs pretty short.
6. While I was there with the four youngest, Linnea took us to her house to
ride a horse...well...Sienna and Logan rode a horse. They thought it
was great! Sienna especially thought is was the best moment of her life! She cried when we had to leave!
7. The night after the birthday party all the grandkids (except for the babies) slept in the backyard!
8. All of us were together...it was a good opportunity to take a picture!
9. I was able to make it to the Manti temple twice while I was there. Once with Ryan and once while he was in Arizona. That was great since it is so hard for us to get there. Both times I was there with my grandpa...that was neat.
10. I couldn't resist adding this picture of Mason and Grandpa. Mason LOVES the ipad and it looks like he showing Grandpa how the thing works!