Friday, March 20, 2015

Funnies at the Judy House

Most of these are things Corbin has said or done...he is just at that age!  I don't get everything written down but I try to jot a note down when someone does something I find especially funny or cute.

IMG_6932

I was getting ready for church on a Sunday morning.  Corbin came in and was watching me for a few moments then asked, "Mom, are you perfect?"  I smiled and said, "No, I'm not perfect."  He stood there for a few seconds and said, "Yes, you are!"  Ohhh...the sweetness!

Another Corbin quote...I gave him a calendar to color in and play with.  There was a picture of a man shaving and he asked what that was.  I explained that he was shaving and that was something Dads did.  After a few more minutes he said "In 4 more birthday's I will be a dad!"

Corbin said to me (very seriously) "I know how to be handsome."  I replied, "How?"  He said "I get a haircut!"

Corbin's favorite Primary song is "Once There Was A Snowman."  One morning he was singing it while we were eating breakfast...over and over!  Kessiah commented, "That song is about death!"  I had to chuckle...leave it to a teenager to turn a fun song about a snowman into a song about death.

This week we babysat a little 3 month old girl.  Corbin was quite interested in this adorable bundle that was smaller than him!  A couple of funny conversations....
Corbin:  "Does she walk?
Me: "No"
Corbin:  "But she has legs!"
Me:  "Yes, she does...but she is too little to walk."
We had the same conversation at a different time about her mouth and talking!

OK...one more Corbin incident!  Corbin is in the habit of taking off all of his clothes from the waist down when he goes to the bathroom.  One Sunday, towards the end of church he told me he had to go to the bathroom.  I had Jenessa take him...I thought it was taking them a long time to get back.  Eventually, Jenessa came back and told me that Corbin had insisted on going to the men's bathroom but he wasn't coming out.  We sent Logan in after him...but all we heard was fighting and I couldn't see another man to go in and check out the situation.  Logan came out and said Corbin wasn't putting his pants back on.  A minute later Corbin came out with his shirt, socks, and shoes on...holding his underwear and his pants under one arm!  Oh yes...there were some chuckles from some nearby moms.  I took him into a nearby classroom and helped him get dressed.

Corbin

We were watching a couple of extra kids one day, they arrived before Jenessa was out of bed...since it was a Friday she was sleeping in.  Mason was showing them around the house, when he came to Jenessa's room...he said, "This is Jenessa, she is kind."  Ummm...simple, sweet, and to the point!

Sometimes...my boys just make me shake my head in amazement.  One night as I was putting the boys to bed, Logan told me how he could make water come out of his nose!  He then asked if I would like him to show me how to do it...I kindly said no!

No comments: