Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What Have We Been Reading?

Kessiah has read Freckles, The Lightening Thief, and Till We Have Faces for school.

K book Kessiah books

Jenessa has read several books for school...A Wrinkle in Time, The Merchant of Venice, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, and Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens.  For fun she enjoyed The Map to Everywhere.

Jenessa books J book

Sienna has read through the Magic School Bus chapter books that we have.

Sienna books

The boys have continued to enjoy reading dinosaur books.  I was excited to get them to let me start reading the Magic Tree House books to them (we have all of them so that makes it easy!)...it didn't hurt that the first one was about dinosaurs!  I wanted to try the research guides along with reading the fiction books...I don't have them all but ordered a few more from paperbackswap.com

boys books

I read the Illustrated Classics version of Sherlock Holmes and started the Candy Shop Wars as read alouds to everyone.

mommy reading

Ryan has finished the first Harry Potter book and we let the girls watch the movie this week.  I watched the Fiddler on the Roof a couple of weeks ago with Kessiah and Jenessa (it was a school project for Jenessa).  I enjoyed getting to share that movie experience with them.  Our latest family movie nights have been Spirit,  Earth to Echo, and The Rescuers.

Harry Potter

No comments: